Welcome to the Sunday Online Worship 12/07/2020 of the Eastern Region of the Riverina Presbytery.
HYMN: “Great is your faithfulness”
Let us worship together, and sing if you are able, our first hymn, which is “Great is your faithfulness”. It is from “Songs of praise”.The words of all hymns will display within the video.
WELCOME & CALL TO WORSHIP
The ‘Call to Worship’ and ‘Opening Prayers’, which are in the video below, are led by Rev. Keith Robinson. The words are underneath the video.
Come and worship, everyone on earth, everywhere the sun shines, let us praise God together! For listening when we call, answering our prayers, forgiving our mistakes, and providing what we need: let us praise God together! Come and worship, everyone on earth, everywhere the sun shines, let us praise God together!
We light the candle as a reminder that the light of Christ is always with us.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COUNTRY
As we begin our worship, let us also acknowledge the Wiradjuri people. They are the first inhabitants of our region, and part of God’s good creation. We honour them for their custodianship of the land, on which we live today.
Let us pray,
Life-giving God, we gather in your presence to offer you thanksgiving and praise for all that you have done for us. Through the life, death and resurrection of your Son, Jesus Christ, we have been set free—free from the power of sin that leads to death, free to follow the leading of your Holy Spirit, free to love you with all our heart and soul and strength, free to worship!
May your Holy Spirit inspire our praise and our prayers. Open our hearts and minds to your presence among us and within us, and to the Word You have for us today. To you alone, life-giving God, belongs all praise and honour and glory and blessing, now and to the end of time. Amen.
The musical reflection for today is, “How long“, by Robin Mann. The music was sung by “”, with words by
Ros Robinson lead us in the readings from Genesis 25:19-34 & Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23.
The speaker is Rev. Keith Robinson. There is a video of the message in the window below. The text can also be downloaded as a printable pdf file.
PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE & LORD’S PRAYER
Go to the video below for the ‘Prayer of the people’, which are led by Ros & Keith Robinson. The video includes the Lord’s Prayer & a closing blessing by Keith.
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread, and forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. Save us from the time of trial and deliver us from evil. For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours, now and forever. Amen.
WORD OF MISSION & BLESSING
Let us pray,
God of harvest, gardener supreme, you place us at the centre, feed us, equip us and, having provided for us, look to a different harvest—a fruitfulness of lives in service to you and others. God of harvest, feed us, prune us, harvest us, that our lives might bring glory to you.
Go in peace, to love & serve the Lord.
And may the love of God, the grace of Jesus Christ, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you, now and forevermore. Amen.
HYMN: “Guide me, O thou great Redeemer“
The closing hymn is, “Guide me, O thou great Redeemer” (probably from “Songs of Praise).
POSTLUDE: “Is he worthy”
Today’s postlude is, ”Is he worthy?” (Andrew Peterson) – Performed by Tim Bongiovanni, Tom Baskett, Esther Lin, Koo Chung, Ronald Hong, and the Highrock Virtual Easter Choir.
SOURCES for online worship 12/07/2020:
– Closing prayer: © John Birch, posted on Faith and Worship – Prayers and Resources.
LATEST NEWS POSTS:
- Facebook FeedSelect the button ‘View post’ below for the latest 10 posts in the EasternRiverina Facebook page. This is a new page and this post will remain at the top of the lists of new posts for a trial period.
- NSW Gov Letter 14/08/2020NSW Government letter to religious leaders, 14/08/2020. The NSW Gov letter 14/08/2020 particularly discusses COVID-19 clusters in churches, singing, mask wearing, physical distancing & completion of relevant safety plans.
- COVID-19 Guidance Note 14Covid-19 Guidance Note 14 from the NSW/Act Synod of the Uniting Church in Australia.
- NSW Chief health officer letterPlease see attached letter from NSW Chief Health Officer to places of worship dated 29 Jul 2020. Note that she asks all churches to register with the NSW Government as COVID-safe.
- NSW/Act Synod Newsletter 24/07/2020NSW/Act Synod Newsletter 24/07/2020