Welcome to the Sunday Online Worship 18/10/2020 of the Eastern Region of the Riverina Presbytery. This service includes some pre-recorded videos prepared by the region in addition to some YouTube videos for music. Most words are included or links to them are provided.
HYMN: “Bring many names”
Let us worship together, and sing if you are able, our first hymn, which is “Bring many names”. It is sung at First-Plymouth Church, Nebraska, USA. The video is below, but if you prefer, it can also be found at the following link:
ONLINE WORSHIP 18/10/2020
The ‘Call to Worship’ and ‘Opening Prayers’, which are in the video below, are led by Rev. Keith Robinson. The words are underneath the video.
Welcome to the Sunday online worship for 18/10/2020 from the Eastern Region of the Riverina Presbytery. Today ..
God is neither shocked or disturbed by our imperfections. God, who is already familiar with our ways, has called us to this place.
We light the candle as a reminder that the light of Christ is always with us.
Acknowledgement of country
As we begin our worship, let us also acknowledge the Wiradjuri people. They are the first inhabitants of our region, and part of God’s good creation. We honour them for their custodianship of the land, on which we live today.
Let us pray,
Eternal Creator, we see your beauty and love throughout all of creation. We feel your presence in the love we share with others, in the gentle breeze, in your words from Scripture and in the still small voice of the Spirit. With Jesus we journey, as he calls us to be bearers of your image, providers of your justice and co-creators of all you have breathed into being. May we be authentic in our faith, embodying the Christ we serve. In whose name we pray, Amen.
The musical reflection for today is, “The deer’s cry“ by Shaun Davey. If you prefer, you can also find this Youtube video at:
Ros Robinson from Cootamundra Uniting Church lead us in the readings from Exodus 33:12-23 & Matthew 22:15-22.
Rev. Nigel Hawken, the Presbytery Minister of the Riverina Presbytery, speaks to us about Moses’ question to God, “Show me your ways”. The passage is Exodus 33:12-23.
Prayers of the people & Lord’s Prayer
Go to the video below for the ‘Prayer of the people’, which are led by Rev. Keith Robinson. The video includes the Lord’s Prayer & a closing blessing by Keith.
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread, and forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. Save us from the time of trial and deliver us from evil. For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours, now and forever. Amen.
Word of mission & blessing
Go forth into the world in peace.
Be of good courage, hold fast that which is good, render to no one evil for evil, strengthen the faint-hearted, support the weak & help the afflicted. Honour all people, love and serve the Lord, rejoicing in the power of the Holy Spirit.
May the Lord bless you & keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace. [Numbers 6:24-26, NRSV]
HYMN: “‘Your Hand, O God, has guided “
The closing hymn is, “Your Hand, O God, has guided”, and it is sung at Dunfermline Abbey, Scotland (tune ‘Thornbury’). The video is shown below, but can also be found at this link:
1. Welcome, call to worship & opening prayer. From Saltbush service for Sunday, 18 Oct 2020. https://saltbushcommunity.uca.org.au/video/the-word/pentecost-20-render-to-caesar-matthew-2215-22/
LATEST NEWS POSTS
- Facebook FeedSelect the button ‘View post’ below for the latest 10 posts in the EasternRiverina Facebook page. This is a new page and this post will remain at the top of the lists of new posts for a trial period.
- NSW Gov Letter 14/08/2020NSW Government letter to religious leaders, 14/08/2020. The NSW Gov letter 14/08/2020 particularly discusses COVID-19 clusters in churches, singing, mask wearing, physical distancing & completion of relevant safety plans.
- COVID-19 Guidance Note 14Covid-19 Guidance Note 14 from the NSW/Act Synod of the Uniting Church in Australia.
- NSW Chief health officer letterPlease see attached letter from NSW Chief Health Officer to places of worship dated 29 Jul 2020. Note that she asks all churches to register with the NSW Government as COVID-safe.
- NSW/Act Synod Newsletter 24/07/2020NSW/Act Synod Newsletter 24/07/2020